This years conference of the Association of the Consulting Civil Engineers (India) at Nashik focused on Fast Track Development of Infrastructure in Civil Engineering. Mr. G. Dirk (chairman of DIRK Group) presented Fly Ash as a fast track construction material as certain technologies like RCC (Roller Compacted Concrete) - permitting record construction time - require the use of Fly Ash.
Mr. Dirk appealed to the more than 200 civil egineers attending the conference only to specify Fly Ash which is supplied under the safety umbrella of the ISI Standard Mark, as required for cement. Such materials like DIRK's POZZOCRETE are now readily available in the market and there is no space in civil engineering to be complacent about quality (in this case security) of the designed structures.
Only around 15% of the Fly Ash generated in India meets the Indian specification of IS 3812 for Fly Ash in concrete. Consequently the remaining 85% need processing. For this purpose DIRK Group erected the first Fly Ash processing plant in India.
The delegates were invited to visit the POZZOCRETE plant at Nashik.